Friday, May 18, 2012

Got a Hunch bet a Bunch

I've been under the weather for the better part of a month, so this has been a bizarre Classic series for me.

I was pretty excited about Dullahan's chances in the Preakness, but the owners decided not to run him.

Everybody seems enamored with Bodemeister and for good reason. There doesn't seem to be much speed to go with him and Maryland favors speed. The morning line is 8/5. I don't like 8/5.

I like Dale Romans. He was supposed to take Dullahan here, but instead finds himself bringing Cozzetti, a horse I think is much better than his 30-1 morning line. Bodemeister annihilated Cozzetti by 9 3/4 lengths in the Arkansas Derby. However, Cozzetti is well-rested while the favorite has had 3 races in 5 weeks.

At 30-1, you don't have to risk much and won't be terribly disappointed if the horse runs up the track.

So, there it is. Just a hunch. If Bodemeister folds the exotics should light the tote board. He ain't likely to fold, given the track and his speed, but you just never know in this game. I'm tossing him (again) and going with Dale Romans (again.)

Good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment